Thank you for your interest in volunteering at St. Cletus! The Archdiocese of Chicago requires all volunteers to complete the following items before they begin their service with children. The links for the online forms/processes are below, with specific instructions for each compliance item.
If you have never volunteered before:
- Log in. Click “Begin the registration process”. Select “Chicago IL (Archdiocese)”. Follow the prompts to create a password and provide contact information. For your primary location, select “St. Cletus School”
- You will be given a certificate when you complete the training. Please return it to the school.
- This training session is attended once. However, volunteers are expected to keep their account current by reading the monthly bulletins, which are sent via email.
- As part of the registration, you will fill out a CANTS form, a Code of Conduct form, and receive an email link for the Criminal Background Check through S2Verify. Please print and return the CANTS and Code of Conduct form to the school. Be sure to complete the criminal background check – look for the link in your spam folder if it does not appear in your primary folder. The background check needs to be completed in one sitting, otherwise it will not process.
If you have completed Virtus training, but are missing one of the following items:
- Print the form, fill it out legibly and return to the school. Use the name on your state ID. Do not mail the form to Springfield. Return the form to the school, and we will submit it for you. This form must be completed annually.
- The Archdiocesan Code of Conduct or ACC: Print pages 1- 4 only. After reading the document, sign and return the fourth page.
- Criminal Background Check through VIRTUS(If you need a criminal background re-check, you will see the prompts when you log into your Virtus Account. Complete the questions in Virtus, then open the email that was sent to you from S2Verify. The background check needs to be completed in one sitting, otherwise it will not process.)
In addition, volunteers who are Coaches, Catechists, Youth Ministers or Scout Leaders must complete:
- Register as a new user and follow the directions.
- Once you have completed the training you will see an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status form. Print it out. Continue until you see a certificate with an emblem in the middle. This is your Mandated Reporter Training certificate. Print it and bring both forms to the school office.
If you have questions, please contact the parish office at 708-352-6209.