Pastoral Care entails providing support to meet spiritual, social and emotional needs for parishioners and those within the parish boundaries seeking assistance and support of a faith community.
One of the most devastating times in ones life is the loss of a spouse, parent, child, sibling, or close friend through death. Compassionate Care Ministry supports families who have had a death in their family, and offers follow-up care for the first year after the loss. As a Christian community, we offer comfort and compassion to those in grief.
– help families plan the funeral liturgy
– conduct a brief evening prayer service at the funeral home
– deliver a Care Package to bereaved families
– make follow-up phone calls of Care during the year
– make Sympathy and Thinking of You cards (rubber stamping)
– mail cards and other bereavement literature during the year after a loss.
Please consider joining us to minister to the bereaved. If you have any questions, please contact Deacon Stuart in the Pastoral Care office at 708-215-5407 or by email.