Food Pantry Needs
• Dry pinto beans (1-3 lb bags)
• Baby food and formula
• Boxed sides (Rice a Roni, Knorrs flavored rice/noodles, instant potatoes, Hamburger Helper, etc.)
• Coffee, tea, hot chocolate
• Baking items
• Thanks to our neighbors at Jewel-Osco, all those who donated to the Turkey Bucks program, and our volunteers for helping bring Thanksgiving meals to our lucky Turkey Giveaway winners!
• The 3rd graders at St. Cletus School helped decorate boxes and organize a food drive for the pantry at the Thanksgiving Prayer Service.
• The Holy Name Society donated 49 turkeys to the food pantry! A record!
We continue to see high numbers at the food pantry. On 11/15 we served 119 households, in one evening, a new record for us. Thank you all so much for your generous support! We could not do this work without you.
Don’t forget that EVERYTHING is due back next weekend! That includes all gifts (purple tags), food pantry items (green tags) and grocery gift cards (white envelopes).
Please remember, each tag represents a real person. When you took a tag from the tree, you made a commitment to that person, and to returning your gift(s) on time.
Gifts/Envelopes will be returned to Morrissey Hall using the convenient drop off lane on Stone Ave.!
Volunteers will help unload your car!
Please DO NOT drop gifts off at the Church
PURPLE TAGS (gifts): Choose the gifts you wish to purchase, keeping in mind that the items listed on the tag are part of a “wish list.” You need not purchase every item on the list. Gifts are to be returned before/after Masses the weekend of December 8-9.
• Be sure the gift tag is securely attached to the packages. If you have more than one package for the same person, please attach a gift tag on each package indicating his/her name and family number, to make sure all gifts go to the correct person. If you have more than one package for Family Request, please mark 1 of 2, 2 of 2, etc.
WHITE ENVELOPES (grocery gift cards): These can be dropped in the collection basket, at the Parish Center or using the Stone Ave. drop off lane December 8-9 when delivering gifts. Envelopes are to be returned by Sunday, December 9.
GREEN TAGS (food pantry donations): please drop these off in the food pantry bins in the Church Narthex by Sunday, December 9.
We invite you to stop in the narthex this weekend to take a tag or two from one of the Giving Trees. We are thankful for your past generosity in purchasing many gifts for the individual(s) you choose. Thank you! Your generosity will provide hope and make a difference in someone’s life. God bless you on your Advent Journey!
Answers to frequently asked questions can be found on the parish website: www.stcletusparish.com/socialconcerns.
For further details, you can also contact: Kendall Grant, (708)215-5418, firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving Tree Volunteer Opportunities
FOR ALL GIVING TREE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES PLEASE USE THE SIGN UP GENUIS LINK AT: http://stcletusparish.com/ministries/social-concerns/
Friday, December 7th 3:15-5:15pm: Help set up Morrissey Hall.
Saturday, December 8th shifts between 3:30-6:30pm: Help direct traffic, carry in donations from donor’s cars, sort and organize gifts in Morrissey Hall.
Sunday, December 9th shifts between 6:30am-2:30pm: Help with hospitality, direct traffic, carry in donations from donor’s cars, sort and organize gifts in Morrissey Hall, load gifts to bring to St. Agatha’s.
Sunday, December 16th shifts between 8:30am-4:30pm: Help with hospitality, directing traffic, distributing gifts, assisting clients to their vehicles, clean up, etc.
Please use the Sign Up Genius to volunteer and read the notes on age requirements. Contact Kendall Grant with any questions. Thanks!
Women’s Care Center Collection: Thanks to all of your generous donations we raised $3,101 for the Women’s Care Center. If you would still like to make a donation, checks can be sent directly to them at 136 N La Grange Rd, La Grange, IL 60525.