Some of those technologies include (including parish devices):
- Unified enterprise-grade wi-fi system including 26 801.11n (some 801.11ac) access points (includes guest access)
- Mounted projectors & classroom speaker system, each classroom preschool-8
- Students have over 100 desktop workstations including our Technology Learning Center
- 30 laptops, Chromebooks, and netbooks for mobile use
- 30 iPads on classroom cart – 6 dedicated iPads for early childhood – 2 dedicated for resource
- 22 Smart Boards – one in each classroom preschool-8 plus Spanish and Music
- 52 printers (inlcuding 5 color laser printers)
- 4 document cameras (Elmo & Epson)
- 5 servers (two video, two file servers, one auxiliary server for misc services)
- 2 95ppm Copiers, 2 50ppm Color Copier
- 2 fax machines
- 8 24-port gigabit network switches (many connected by fiber optics)
- Variety of digital cameras and video cameras
- Students are completely 1:1 during the school day in grades 6-8.
- TeacherEase: An online gradebook and administration & communciation tool for the school. A parent portal for grades, tuition, and reports.
- Staff: IT Director & Technology Teacher
- BYOD Policy: St. Cletus School is “Bring Your Own Device” friendly. The classroom teacher can encourage students to bring in their own technology device for learning and classroom activities.
To power these technologies, the following software is used:
- Microsoft Office
- G Suite (formerly Google Apps)
- Smart Notebook
- Follett Library Catalog system
- TeacherEase Online Grading System
- School Insight Student Information System
- Free software including Tux Paint, Google Earth, Google Sketch Up, Gimp, Audacity, Adobe Reader, and many web applications including WordPress for our teacher newsletters
Our goal is to empower students, faculty, and staff to use a variety of technologies to facilitate classroom instruction, complete assignments, and work more efficiently.
Our robust technology department is staffed with a full time technology director, a technology instructor, teacher technology committee, and parish technology committee.