We gratefully accept your generous food and monetary donations at weekend liturgies, and on weekdays, from 7:45 AM-4:00PM in the church. See details below.
- The St. Cletus Food Pantry distributes non-perishable groceries from the vestibule of the Church on the second Thursday of the month from 6:30 – 8:00 PM
- Each month we distribute a bag of groceries to 150-250+ families of the working poor, who live in our community.
- Some months we have special offerings for our clients, which in the past have included fresh produce, school supplies, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, bread, books, Easter baskets, and grocery store vouchers for perishable items.
- Our regular registered Food Pantry families benefit from the Giving Tree, our annual Advent parish outreach. Each family receives Christmas gifts and a special food basket.
- The Food Pantry shelves are stocked primarily by generous donations from St. Cletus parishioners. These include both food and monetary contributions.
- Donations of in-date groceries can be dropped off in the designated food bins located in Madonna della Strada shrine in the Church vestibule. You may bring them when you come to weekend Mass or daily, from 7:45 AM-4:00 PM.
- Suggested staple items include: dry pinto beans, rice, peanut butter, jelly, pasta, pasta sauce, canned fruit and vegetables, soup, meals in a can/box, canned meat, macaroni & cheese, tuna, and cereal. Favorite extras include crackers, boxed side dishes, coffee, tea, juice, powdered or evaporated milk, cooking oil, paper goods, condiments, toiletries and all sizes of diapers.
- St. Cletus Food Pantry receives donations from other groups, including the First United Methodist Church of Western Springs, the Highlands Presbyterian Church, the Boy & Girl Scouts, the annual Post Office Mother?s Day collection, the Township of Lyons, and other local community and school organizations.
- St. Cletus Food Pantry is among the local food pantries, which receive a generous check from the proceeds of the annual La Grange/Western Springs CROP Walk against hunger, sponsored by Church World Service and the Empty Bowls Project, sponsored by the La Grange Business Association.