Pastoral Care entails providing support to meet spiritual, social and emotional needs for parishioners and those within the parish boundaries seeking assistance and support of a faith community.Get Involved Today
One of the most devastating times in ones life is the loss of a spouse, parent, child, sibling, or close friend through death. Compassionate Care Ministry supports families who have had a death in their family, and offers follow-up care for the first year after the loss. As a Christian community, we offer comfort and compassion to those in grief.
- help families plan the funeral liturgy
- conduct a brief evening prayer service at the funeral home
- deliver a Care Package to bereaved families
- make follow-up phone calls of Care during the year
- make Sympathy and Thinking of You cards (rubber stamping)
- mail cards and other bereavement literature during the year after a loss.
Please consider joining us to minister to the bereaved. If you have any questions, please contact Deacon Stuart in the Pastoral Care office at 708-215-5407 or by email.
Ministry of Care
To the Church – as to God – the sick are precious. Those who suffer carry in their bodies the image of the Crucified Christ. We come to know that suffering need not be meaningless and that God hears the prayers of the sick as the words of Christ on the cross. This ministry offers the sick Christian the Eucharist and prayer.
- Visit LaGrange Memorial Hospital for an hour or so once/twice a month. We offer this ministry 20/21 days per month, sharing it with five other parishes. Training is provided.
- Provide Prayers services and Rosary services weekly at two local Nursing Homes.
- Visit the homebound parishioners, whether their confinement be temporary or longer term, and offer prayer and the Eucharist.
Please consider joining us to minister to the sick, frail homebound or hospitalized. If you have any questions, please contact Deacon Stuart in the Pastoral Care office at 708-215-5407 or by email.
- Pastoral Care Minister Lunch Meeting
Sunday, June 10th 12:15 pm at 12:15pm 12:15 pm