The Parish Committee for Respect Life Activities serves the Catholic community by promoting reverence for the gift of life, from conception to natural death. The mission of the Respect Life Committee is to proclaim, by word and deed, the teaching of the Catholic Church on issues ranging from abortion and chastity to euthanasia and assisted suicide.
Our prayers, concerns and activities are designed to help make a difference. We seek to work with the Archdiocesan Respect Life Office of Chicago to further the parish awareness of the value of human life.
Activities throughout the year include but is not limited to:
- commemoration of the anniversary of Roe vs Wade each January
- baby shower and carnation sale each Mother’s Day
- baby bottle collection for local crisis pregnancy agency in October + recognition of the national observance of Respect Life month each October which has included a Holy Hour and always includes the promotion and participation in the Life Chain along Ogden Avenue
- joining other parishes in their special programs and Holy Hours
- keeping available pamphlets and prayer cards including information on Project Rachel and the Mass for Expectant Mothers as well as official literature from the National and Illinois Right to Life organizations, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Pro Life Committee and the Archdiocese of Chicago Respect Life Office
- grassroots responses (telephone trees and postcard campaigns) to legislative developments coordinated by the Archdiocesan Respect Life Office and the Illinois Catholic Conference
- maintaining timely, appropriate & pertinent notices & information to compliment church calendar & activities on the Bulletin Board at the East Side of the Church Foyer
All human life, from pre-born to geriatric is God’s to give and to take away. All humanity deserves dignity.