On behalf of the Social Concerns Ministry we wish all of you a Blessed and Peace-filled New Year! 2017 gave us many opportunities to give hope to many of the people who are struggling in our midst, by providing food, shelter, transportation, and other basic necessities for their families. The generosity of our parishioners, neighbors and friends, abounds, which we witnessed, especially during this Holiday Season.
2017 By the numbers:
- 1500 individuals got Giving Tree Christmas presents
- Over 2,200 households were served through the food pantry (almost 9,000 individuals)
- Thousands of rides given through ICP
- Over 25 Career Network speakers/workshops
- Hundreds of volunteers
- 650 handmade Mission Ladies items
- 50+ families received financial assistance through St. Vincent DePaul or Social Concerns with heat, rent, electric, fuel, etc.
- Dozens of families assisted through Domestic Violence Outreach and the Respect Life Ministry
Volunteers from all areas of this ministry – Social Concerns Commission, Society of St. Vincent de Paul , Interfaith Community Partners, Food Pantry, Interfaith Career Network, Respect Life, Mission Ladies, Lenten Almsgiving, Advent Giving Tree, Domestic Violence Outreach, and other special efforts-join you in our goal of responding to human needs with justice and love, in Christ’s name.
In the New Year, we ask you to pray along with us:
Lord God, grant us a vision of your world as your love would have it:
a world where the weak are protected, and none go hungry or poor;
a world where the riches of creation are shared, and everyone can enjoy them;
a world where different races and cultures live in harmony and mutual respect;
a world where peace is built with justice, and justice is guided by love.
Give us the inspiration and courage to build it, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.